Sun, 10 Sept|
St Columba Church Elwood
Parish Spring Concert
As Spring approaches, we think of buds bursting into life and the sweet sounds of music as we emerge from winter slumber. No better way to welcome spring than the sound of music, especially music that fills our Church and welcomes our Parish and local community.
Time & Location
10 Sept, 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
St Columba Church Elwood, 2 Normandy Rd, Elwood VIC 3184, Australia
About the Event
The program is shaping up well, and we are very excited about the variety of performances (a full program will be published in our newsletter next week) but the line-up includes:
- The wonderful majestic sounds of Harpist Katia Mestrovic, an exceptional musician and composer.
- Robert Lloyd, guitarist and established international composer/performer, having played from New York to New South Wales
- Raija Reissenberger, whose music is influenced by European classical music and songs about the Australian environment
- Our very own pianist Paul Healey, who is writing his own new classical pieces just for this occasion
- Finally, our own resident Brazilian talents of Jefferson and Mara who make a return from our online concert, to get our toes tapping once more
This is going to be a great afternoon of music, so please spread the word, invite your friends and neighbours to join us.
Cost: $15 Adults, $5 for Children under 12 (can be paid at the door) These funds will go to support the PLDT commitment of funding two scholarships for the Timor-Leste apprenticeship program. Cash and card will be accepted on the day.